- Vincent Guerlais , THE BEST chocolatier en France, c'est certain. Nothing more to say.
- Le Bouffay , This is "le quartier latin" of Nantes, the bohemian part of town with small streets, with a different restaurant, cafe around every turn. Just explore and see where you end up.
- La Cigale , The gold standard of restaurants in Nantes, traditional, great crudo.
- fées maison , Literally my favorite cafe in the world. A place of magic, order "un pinte" bring a book, and curl up on the well worn couches. Breath in la vie nantaise.
- Monoprix , Do the picnic American-French style. Buy a baguette, some hunks of cheese, and a couple bottles of Vieux Papes wine (under 4 euros a bottle). Set up with a beautiful view and rawk.
- Parc de Procé , Beautiful Anglo-French park where patrons are "allowed" to walk on the grass. There's a cafe at the entrance, so get un cafe and stroll.
- Faculté De Droit , This is where I studied, get a taste of a very socialized and institutional education system in France. Likely, you'll see a strike while you're there.
- L'Autre Quai , Fun, typical French nightclub, local scene.
- La Gargouille , Tiny, local French pub. Lots of smoke, not a better place to test to see if you pass the local test.
- Bords de l'Erdre , Walk along l'Erdre, or board one of the "Bateaux Mouches" up the river and see some incredible private chateaux.
- Hermes , Nothing like buying Hermes in France. Though prices larger than the cost of your entire trip. Perhaps not.