Tel Aviv, Israel
Tel Aviv to the Dead Sea
- Ein Gedi Youth Hostel , We found this to be the friendliest place to stay in the Dead Sea area with a quick walk to a great place to get in the water. The buffet dinner is a great place to meet travelers. Basic, accommodations.
- Church Of The Holy Sepulchre , I'm not incredibly religious, but the spirituality of this place is overwhelming. For those unfamiliar, this is the location Jesus was crucified and laid to rest. It's an incredible site.
- Manta Ray , GO GET BREAKFAST HERE. Make a reservation. It's a chill little cafe with plate after plate of delicious food. Had we found this earlier, we probably would have gone here almost every morning.
- The Dead Sea , Yes it's touristy, but if you're in this part of the world, you have to do this. Elle and I spent a day in the area and really enjoyed it.
- Rothschild Blvd. (שדרות רוטשילד) , This is a lively street full of bars, restaurants, and people spilling out onto the sidewalks. We spent a few nights just wandering around checking out different places. Highly recommended to check this area out.
- Yad Vashem @yadvashem , Yad Vashem is the Holocaust Memorial / Museum and was one of the best museums I've ever been to. The building was designed to tell a story, and makes the experience even more powerful. Do not miss this.
- Shalvata , The Tel Aviv Port is cool, and worth spending an evening. I don't remember this exact spot, but the whole port area is great.
- Café Noir , We were told by several people to go here for the best schnitzel in Tel Aviv. It didn't disappoint. Was great. Would totally go back here on the next trip.
- Bus Terminal 2000 (מסוף 2000) , This is the place we picked up the bus to Jerusalem. About $5 and a quick 45 min ride.
- Rustico , Wouldn't go out of your way, but if you're in the mood for pizza, this is a good spot.
- Container (קונטיינר) , We had read a lot about this place, and I'm glad we went. Chill atmosphere with good food. Wasn't incredible, but certainly worth checking out if you're in Jaffa.
- Tapeo (טפאו) , Very fun, lively, and crowded tapas bar. We had a few people so we got about 15 plates. 12 of them were delicious. Was really impressed and had a great great time.