Madison, United States
Where to eat and drink in Madison
- Paul's Club , Great bar on State Street. Cozy.
- Brocach Irish Pub , Also great food, eg. Bangers & Mash.
- Essen Haus , Awesome beer and German food. You should get beer in the form of a glass boot. Don't let the boot hit the table until you've finished passing it around and it's empty.
- The Plaza , Reminisce about UW and our college newspaper by visiting our old watering hole.
- Memorial Union Terrace , Absolutely MUST DO, especially if the weather is good. Sit outside on the terrace, get a pitcher of beer and enjoy live music by the lake. If it's cold out, you can hang out in the Rathskeller and snag some ...
- Silver Dollar Tavern , Spectacular dive bar. Old Style on tap.
- Argus Bar & Grill , Great place to grab a beer near the square.
- Genna's Lounge , Grab a beer and sit outside at Genna's, a kind of hipster hangout right on the capitol square.
- Great Dane Pub & Brewing Company , Decent food, good beer that is brewed onsite.
- Ian's Pizza on State , Typically a late-night drunk food spot, Ian's is also delicious when sober.
- Cafe Continental , Brunch here is amazing. Call ahead before you go and the proprietor will put you on the list. Get the AMAZING french toast or a delicious benedict.
- Mediterranean Cafe , Amazing lunch on the cheap. Get the hummus plate with lamb and beef, or a shawarma sandwich to go.
- The Cooper's Tavern , Great place for dinner and beer on the square.
- Natt Spil , Amazing, sort of Asian-inspired cuisine, along with fantastic pizzas, from a cozy, little-known gem.
- Mickies Dairy Bar , Amazing, traditional brunch on the west side of campus across from the football stadium.
- The Old Fashioned , This restaurant is ESSENTIAL. You must go here, this is not optional. Get the fried cheese curds. Also the summer sausage sandwich, brat, and hamburger (+fried egg) are great.