San Francisco, United States
- Mission Dolores Park , If it's sunny and warm, this is a must stop for anyone. Stop by Bi-Rite for local fare to enjoy while people-watching. Be sure to ask before buying any treats in the park as many include a bit of magic.
- The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen , Stop by for a breakfast grilled cheese - more affordable than lunch. Or, for lunch, order the special and marvel at the startup founders inevitably dining at the next table.
- Four Barrel Coffee , Ground zero for hipster coffee culture in SF. Ritual and Blue Bottle were first, but Four Barrel perfected it with a specific drip tasting line, Dynamo Donuts and no outlets or wifi. Leave your laptop at home.
- The Independent , The best place to catch up and comer and established musical acts in San Francisco. Tickets are generally $15-25 dollars, but be sure to buy them early as shows often sell out.
- Nopa , Now open for brunch, NoPa has managed to stay relevant in an oft-changing restaurant scene. I recommend going late night however; one of the few restaurants where food is served until 1am. And get the pork chop, it will change ...
- Ferry Plaza Farmers' Market , Saturday morning. Just go. Be sure to not eat or drink beforehand as there is no better place in the city to graze.
- Tartine Bakery & Cafe , The line moves quick and oh is it worth it. Bring a friend or 5, so you can order more and share it all!
- Little Skillet , Best fried chicken in San Francisco.
- Zeitgeist , An outdoor oasis of leather and liquor in the sea of non-offensive eco-urbanism that is SF, Zeitgeist has a solid beer list and strong cocktails. Taking photos is inacceptable here, as well as standing on benches/tables but indulging in cigarettes ...
- Samovar Tea Lounge , There are multiple locations of this tea mecca, but this one comes with killer views. Get adventurous with your tasting, everything on the menu is great - the servers are happy to help if you aren't sure what to try. ...
- California Academy of Sciences , An indoor rainforest and amazing underground aquarium in the middle of Golden Gate Park. Well, ok!
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art , A great modern art museum with a lovely roof coffee shop. Check http://www.sfmoma.org/ for current exhibits.
- Bi-Rite Market , If you are going to spend time in Dolores Park, stop here first and pick up some snacks and beverages. Alcohol is ok in the park, just be sure to go screw top for wine!