Washington, D. C., United States
- Eastern Market Flea Market , Great neighborhood to just wander around and explore for a few hours.
- Adams Morgan , There are very few streets in the US like the main street in Adams Morgan. People spilling out onto the sidewalk everywhere, a continuous buzz of conversation, this is like Bourbon St. in New Orleans.
- Madhatter , This bar is crowded every single weekend night.
- Dupont Circle , Dupont and Adams Morgan are the big neighborhoods to go out in if you're a young professional.
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop , Lovely sandwich shop in DC (I think it's an East Coast thing). Delicious + cheap!
- Roti Mediterranean Grill , So. delicious.
- Pho 14 , There is no good Asian food in DC except for this pho joint.
- Five Guys Burgers & Fries , There are 3 famous burger places in the US - In N' Out (West Coast), Shake Shack (NY/East Coast), and Five Guys (DC). After trying all 3, here's my ranks: 1) In N' Out 2) Shake Shack and 3) Five ...
- Birch & Barley , If you're here over a weekend, this place is GREAT for brunch. But beware - brunch is a DC recreational activity so it may be hard to get seated quickly.
- Chinatown Coffee Company , Great place to grab coffee or do some work. They use Square!
- Peregrine Espresso , Grab some coffee from Peregrine and then wander around Eastern Market - there's a flea market as well as a tree-lined street with tons of little stores and a farmer's market.
- Nando's Peri-Peri , Great for dinner - try their 50/50 chicken with the mashed potatoes. Or just get their mashed potatoes by themselves - they're that good. The sangria here is excellent as well.
- sweet green , Not many cities have entire restaurants devoted to making you the exact salad you want.
- Mitsitam Cafe @ National Museum of the American Indian , This was ironically the best meal I had in DC. Try it. You won't regret it.
- Big Bear Cafe , The most hipster cafe in DC - but it doesn't compare to the coffee or cafes in San Francisco.
- Ben's Chili Bowl , You can't leave DC without trying Ben's Chili Bowl. "The only people that eat free are Bill Cosby and the Obamas."
- The White House , Take a nap at the lawn right across from the White House as the other tourists crowd around and try to take photos of it.
- The National Mall , Yeah... you have to do this. You're in DC.